About the Author
Are you seeking parenting advice from a professional with years of both counseling and personal experience? And is it important that the advice is respectful of you and easy to use?
If so, you’ll want to know more about Gary M. Unruh, MSW LCSW. He has been a child and family mental health counselor for over forty years. During that time he and his wife, Betty, have been blessed to raise four beautiful children, and he is a very proud “papa” of nine terrific grandchildren.
Out of these experiences Unruh discovered a transformational parenting approach:
Unleashing Parental LoveTM
Unruh has made two amazing, surprisingly simple-to-apply parenting discoveries that ensure your child’s fully developed potential:
- Being continually understood through heart-to-heart communication is a child’s most basic need to become a self-assured, confident human being.
- Disciplining with understanding is a “heart first, behavior second” disciplining method—a radical departure from our society’s typical consequence-only discipline approach.
Over 2500 children and families have experienced this program’s transforming results:
- Establishment of three foundational character traits: respect, compassion, humility
- Experiencing joyful, rich family and personal relationships
- Acquiring problem-solving skills that are enriching and satisfying instead of stagnating and frustrating
Unruh’s two books provide common-sense tips fortified by hundreds of real-life examples to make sure you and your family can reap the bountiful harvest of unleashing your love:
- Unleashing the Power of Parental Love: 4 steps to Raising Joyful and Self-Confident Kids (2010). This award-winning book focuses primarily on understanding the human nature side of parenting—why you and your child act the way you do—with plenty of real-life applications.
- Golden Rule Parenting: Treat Your Child the Way You Would Like to Be Treated (2012). Using the biblical wisdom of the Golden Rule and concepts from his first book, Unruh has filled this what-to-do book with hundreds of success-oriented, common-sense tips about implementing heart-to-heart communication and disciplining.
Unruh welcomes and relies upon candid feedback to continually improve his work.